Wilsonart is a company on the move. A company built on big ideas. Wilsonart is made up of exceptional people relentlessly pursuing innovation. We are proud of our company and how we serve our customers. We work very hard to deserve the trust of our customers, our peers, and our planet. We are willing to talk openly about the challenges and obstacles we face; we are open to new ideas and collaboration on how to be ever better. We are passionate about what we do and where we’re going as a company. We are on the move. And it’s going to be big.
To apply for a role listed below, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology & Innovation (T&I) Technician
Reports to: UK Technology & Innovation (T&I) Leader
Department: Technology & Innovation (T&I)
Location: Shildon, Co. Durham
Application Method: CV and covering letter via e-mail to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 27th August 2021
To carry out technical validations for existing and or new products for Technology and Innovation.
- Lead and assist trials in manufacturing for new and existing products
- Perform technical measurements, tests, and application trials, in line with British and European regulations (EN 438)
- Organise raw material sourcing
- Work with planning department with scheduling of trials
- Flexibility to travel between business units, customers, and suppliers
- Support UK T&I leader
- Line support for operations and quality with root cause analysis
- Good written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work using own initiative and be proactive
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new techniques and technologies
- Strong self-motivation
- Conscientious and flexible
- NVQ Level 3 or BETEC National Certificate or HNC in engineering, process engineering or measurement and control engineering
- A basic understanding of statistical process control
- A basic understanding of design of experiment
- GCSE’s (A-C grades) especially for English, Maths, Science, Chemistry, Engineering Science and manufacturing
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Desirable Qualifications/Knowledge but not essential
- Knowledge of inks, surface coatings, dispersion systems
- Level 4 Apprenticeship in engineering or manufacturing
- Laboratory experience with proven track record with EN 438 testing
- Knowledge of kitchen and bathroom installations
- Knowledge and understanding of wood working tools i.e. Plunge saws, routers, drills etc
Based in Wilsonart UK, Shildon with frequent travel to other Business units
Annual appraisals to be undertaken by UK T&I leader and objectives set for the forthcoming year.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation from time to time
Health and Safety
All employees have a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by specific actions at work.
Employees must co-operate with the company on all aspects of Health and Safety to meet the legal requirements as outlined in the company H&S policy and procedures.